Abortion PTSD: How Do I Know I Need Healing?
If you are one of the millions of women who have experienced abortion, you know that the memories associated with this experience can be difficult and even painful. Yet months and years may go by without any remembrance of the abortion.
Then you find yourself recalling deep memories of this choice. Triggers like seeing children that are the same age your child might have been, or the anniversary date of the abortion/birth date of the child, may leave you feeling anxious, scared, and fearful.
For most, the abortion is a closely held secret. Post-abortive people can expel great amounts of energy to forget this choice. Some women never need to find abortion PTSD healing. For others, the abortion memory lies like a hidden infection, weakening and impairing us in ways we may have never realized were related.
Is that true for you? See if you recognize yourself in some of the following questions:
- Do you feel reluctant to talk about the subject of abortion, or do you feel guilt, anger, or sorrow when discussing your own abortion?
- Do you tend to think of your life in terms of “before” and “after” the abortion?
- Do you have lingering feelings of resentment or anger toward people involved in your abortion decision?
- Have you found yourself either avoiding relationships or becoming overly dependent in them since the abortion?
- Have you begun or increased use of drugs or alcohol since the abortion, or do you have an eating disorder?
- Have you felt a vague sort of emptiness, a deep sense of loss, or had prolonged periods of depression?
- Do you sometimes have nightmares, flashbacks, or hallucinations relating to the abortion?
If any of these points relate to your heart, you could be experiencing Abortion PTSD. Abortion PTSD healing is offered through an abortion recovery program. To find your local abortion recovery program, visit: Help in your Area.
Please leave a comment.
Abortion impacts hearts at an emotional, spiritual, psychological and physical level. Her Choice to Heal’s free online abortion recovery course offers nine detailed modules that provide understanding of abortion’s impact. These specific healing strategies can begin the healing process.
Copyright© 2020 Ramah's Voice is a division of Ramah International All Rights Reserved.
Ramah International, 246 N Barrington Rd #162, Tontiton, Arkansas 72770, (479) 445-6070
Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited.
Ramah International is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, all gifts are tax-deductible as allowed by law.